Thursday, November 4, 2010

I love to read, I  always have.  I forgot to do that for a few years...or to be frank I deprived myself of doing it for some stupid reason that escapes me.  However I am strongly back at it again and this post is going to be all about some of the authors who's work I really enjoyed this summer.  Obviously not everyone has the same interests so you may not find all of these to your liking...example...sorry Twihards but I am not a fan of the Twilight series nor am I a fan of romance novels...I'm just sayin...  I have listed five of the authors I enjoyed this summer.  Some of them I have read before and some were new to me.  Maybe you have read them yourself but if not, give them a try.

  •  Hans Fallada - an author I just discovered and LOVED his books.  He had a very intriguing personal story..check it out.He's dead of course...many of the good ones are.  The first book I read by him was Every Man Dies Alone.  Hooked!

  • Denis Lehane - He is a very well known author and I have read  Mystic River, then The Given Day then Shutter Island (before the movie released), I just finished Gone Baby Gone and I'm sure there are many others.  I make it a rule never to see the movie if I loved the book because the books are usually better.  I watched the movie  Shutter Island and guess what, I am still right about that. Most of his books have been churned into movies but he is not a formulaic author, I love that.


  • Tatiana De Rosnay - I read her book called Sarah's Key.  It was very riveting...I have not read anything else that she has written but I liked that book very much.  I have heard that they may be making a movie out of that book too...what else is new.

  • Steig Larsson  - A very popular author and again, his books have been made into movies.  I find his books exciting and engrossing.  The first one I read was The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  Interesting characters, settings and plot.  

  • Dan Simmons - I have always been a Dickens fan so I couldn't resist Drood.  A historical horror novel about the last years mysterious years of Dickens life narrated by Wilkie Collins.  A great read!
There are many other authors that I have enjoyed and these are only a few of the fiction authors I love.  I will probably post something later highlighting my favorite novels, bios and autobios and other non-fiction reads. I just LOVE books and I like to share what I love.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Hi, stumbled onto your blog from the NaBloPoMo website. I used to be a big Dennis Lehane fan. I couldn't get into Any Given Sunday, but I loved the Kenzie/Gennaro series. If you liked Gone, Baby, Gone you might like the entire series.