Tuesday, November 4, 2008

WE WON!! History has been made!



What an awesome night! For the first time in 8 years I actually feel hopeful for America. Barack Obama is the President Elect of the United States of America and yes I drank the kook aid, I truly believe it means change for us. When GW took office I felt frustrated and angry and I knew that it was going to be a bad era for us. My hope is that we will no longer sacrifice the environment on the altar of corporate greed, our tax dollars will be used for programs that will benefit the greatest number or Americans, not just the oil companies and insurance companies. I want to see more Americans keep jobs that have been outsourced to foreign countries, I want to see no more of our young people killed in a senseless war that came into being to serve a macho, arrogant president seeking some sort of heroic status when in fact it greatly reduced our credibility throughout the world. We will have a president who will open lines of communication in the world and raise our stature to what it once was. I am hoping that we will have healthcare for EVERYONE in America and not just the wealthy or those who can afford the best insurance plan, I am hoping for educational opportunities for everyone regardless of their socio-economic status. I am excited to see who will be his cabinet appointees, I hope that he will appoint a diverse group that represents many different viewpoints. My hopes are high and the pressure is on the first African American President to deliver. This is a great moment in American History, Barack Obama is potentially one of the greatest presidents we have ever had. There is so much that needs to be fixed but he has the intellect, the will, the communication skills and the everyman background to make it happen. So much is riding on his shoulders but I think he is up to the challenge. I was and still am a huge Hillary supporter, but I am happy with Barack now. So far this evening there are 56 senate seats being held by the Democrats. That is a great sign that the infighting and fillibustering days are over. I do not wish to suffer the words "Maverick" or "my friends" anytime in the near future. I will be delighted to have Sarah Palin off of my television screen for quite some time! She is no Hillary Clinton!!!!!! America has spoken...we are obviously sick of "trickle down economics", it's not trickling down far enough or fast enough. Give America back to us, let us be America, for the people and by the people once again! America, we are blessed once again...at long last after 8 years of frustrating and arrogant leadership, we have hope at last. God Bless America!!

No comments: