Thursday, June 18, 2009

Margarita Cake





There is this really nice guy at work who is a professional baker and last summer or fall or whatever we had a bake off (I could think of other "off's" we could have but that's for another time) anyway I digress... He entered these two cakes one was a Guava Cake and the other was Pistachio. I asked him how he came up with the recipe and he generously told me...he is a pro after all. He told me he replaced the liquid with Guava juice and that inspired me. What if I tried making a Margarita Cake using the same concept? My experiment came out quite well...my dad and my son both have a birthday on Cinco de Mayo so it was the perfect choice. I used a little too much lime juice in the frosting so next time I will cut back on that but otherwise it was pretty good. I loved rolling the cupcakes in the pink and green sugars...those were happy colors!

No comments: