Monday, November 15, 2010

The Bears Got It Right

I am not quite sure that I am fully evolved yet. I have checked for a tail and pointy canine teeth and I don't have them Yet, somehow I seem be fully evolved during Daylight Savings Time and completely missing something during Standard Time. I only worry because of my never ending desire to sleep during the dark half of they year. I completely understand why bears feel the need to hibernate. Like a bear my metabolism comes to a screeching halt at this time of year. It doesn't matter how many hours I sleep I am still tired and I still want more, it's my drug of choice. I can sum up my Standard Time routine in pathetically few words...Get up at 3:30ish (yes, that's AM), get ready for work, drink two cups of coffee, climb in the car, turn on the heat and put the car on auto-pilot. Work my 8-9 hrs for the day, climb in the car, turn on the heat and put the car on auto pilot. Walk in the door, take off my makeup, put on PJ's, blog (at least during November), eat, read and go to bed. OMG is it REALLY only 7:30? That's about the sum of it! It's dark, it's cold, it's dreary...count the days until it's still light at 5:00 again .
Daylight Savings Time is like a shot of pure adrenalin though...I can stay up until all hours of the night, party on the weekend and sometimes even during the week, willingly and enthusiastically take care of all of my responsibilities and have energy to spare.
HOW many more days until Daylight Savings Time? Goodnight, I've been up now far too long, time to catch a snooze...hi -ber- na- tion time!

No comments: