Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Neutral This Year

I have to admit I am one of those annoying people that right about now usually says..."Well I'm pretty much done with my Christmas Shopping". Not this year that's for sure. Every couple of years I have the real HUMbug and this is one of those years. Not only am I not done, I have barely started. Christmas creeps up so quickly, especially when you work 40 plus hours a week. It is so hard to fit all that shopping, wrapping, decorating and baking into such a short time span. That's why I usually start early. It just adds to the stress when I procrastinate.
I would love to just go to a cabin in the mountains, sit in front of the fireplace and watch a good blizzard this year. As long as I have a couple of boxes of wine...the good stuff...some food, a good book and my hubby it would be fabulous. Well wait, not too sure about the hubby...I love him to death but that is not his kind of gig. He goes absolutely stir crazy just "sitting around" and it would take him less than 10 minutes to be up pacing around. And GOD FORBID there be no television. He would literally go insane. It doesn't bother him to get up at 4 in the morning and watch old black and white episodes of Gunsmoke though. Of course if we took Tito that may keep him entertained for a little while.
So much for the pipe dream...since I have 5 grandchildren, skipping Christmas is not in the cards. So I will do the grandma job and put my best face forward. Saturday we will go get a tree, we will go to a parade in downtown Puyallup since my granddaughter's Girl Scout Troop will be in the parade and we will have fun. It's just hard to get into the swing of things this year. It's pretty sad when you are too busy to enjoy a holiday like Christmas isn't it?
Pour me another Hot Buttered Rum and let me start getting into the swing of things....before New Years

No comments: